This project is initiated by TEDxCannes and the Local public authority of Cannes Pays de Lérins together with their partners, with the aim of opening up to private and public stakeholders, in a community manner.
Regarding Cannes Pays de Lérins agglomeration and the City of Cannes, it is part of their environmental policy, with international influence, to raise public awareness and induce the need to change our behavior to preserve our remarkable environment, while the COP 26 will be held in November in Glasgow. Through the Cannes Lérins Energy Transition Plan and the Cannes Agenda 21, these two local authorities have shown that they are already fully committed to the issue.
The aim of this call for proposals is to accelerate, test and promote solutions whose viability has been established and whose scaling up would have a significant impact towards the ultimate objective of reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Successful applicants will benefit from an acceleration programme, promotion at an international "COUNTDOWN" conference and, where possible, support fort he local deployment of their innovation.
In relation to the challenges of climate change, the main themes selected are the following
- 100% clean energy
- Protection of the sea
- Food and agriculture
- Sustainable waste management and circular economy
- Sustainable transport
- Sustainable materials and construction
- Combating major risks.
The Climate Solutions Accelerator has 3 main phases:
1. Selection of the selected climate solutions (2 March to 2 April 2021). The Call for expressions of interest complements existing incubation and acceleration schemes. The solutions may already have received support from large companies within the framework of their respective incubators or other private and public structures. It should be noted that the jury is made up of recognised partners: research centres, universities, large companies, citizens' associations specialising in the preservation of the environment and biodiversity.
2. Acceleration (19 April to 19 May 2021). A diagnosis of the needs of the Solutions-Climat promoters is carried out to define an individualised programme of up to 50 hours spread over five weeks covering several à la carte aspects: contact with technical experts, exchanges with the referents of the partner local authorities, contact with partner companies, communication and public promotion, international and relations with the influential ecosystem of Cannes.
3. Promotion (from 22 May 2021). Following the worldwide launch of the COUNTDOWN programme at the CANNESERIES Festival in October 2020, the newly accelerated Climate Solutions in 2021 will have the opportunity to speak at the conference organised by TEDxCannes at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes on 22 May. The videos of the talks will then be posted online and promoted to TED, which is holding a global event in October 2021 in Edinburgh, two weeks before COP 26 in Glasgow.
Any company incorporated in the European Union can participate in the Climate Solutions Acceleration Programme. Projects that have already benefited from general incubation and acceleration programmes, or that have already completed an initial seed capital round will be given priority consideration.
The programme is aimed at start-ups, young companies as well as SMEs / SMIs seeking increased global exposure.
Want to apply? Click here:
In accordance with the regulations applicable to personal data (in particular EU Regulation2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, andrepealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the amendedAct No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and IndividualLiberties and Decree No. 2019-536 of 29 May 2019 implementing the afore mentionedAct No. 78-17), you have the right to access, rectify, object to, limit the processing of, delete and port your data, which you can exercise by email@example.com
In the event of any difficulty in connection with the management of your personal data, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL:
- On the CNIL website: https://cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
- By post, by writing to CNIL - 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07